03 December 2010

Deep in the Heart of Texas...

There's one thing that's a given about the people of Texas....the pride of the state runs deep....whether a native or transplant, Texas is tops.

So today I got a surprise in the mail...a package from Grandma J.....when I learned the SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS would be playing the TEXAS RANGERS in WORLD'S SERIES I reached out to my Texas blogging friends to place bets....some CA Sees candies for something from TX. Now I did feel a bit sad rooting against my all time favorite player's former team....Nolan Ryan...but because I had to root against the Giants in 2002 BECAUSE I GREW UP ROOTING FOR NOLAN RYAN ON THE CA ANGELS....so this time, minus Barry Bonds, I had to root for S.F. (Next year Rangers....I promise!)

At any rate, Grandma J came through and here is what I got:


I can't wait to cook up a pot of Texas chili....I love hot food....and plant some Texas Blue Bonnets and hang that long horn from my Christmas tree.....and that card...it will be in front of the Christmas cards in my basket...because I am nice like that.

Thanks Grandma J!!!

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*PLACE A BET*EAT SOME CHILI*TEXAS ROCKS*GIANTS RULE*

2 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Very cool!

Unknown said...

You won the bet! I can't wait to find out if that chili mix does Texas proud. I also hope those blue bonnet seeds don't violate any of CA's enviromental laws!
Love you, and wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas!