25 March 2011

DAY 135



DAY 135 - 6:15 a.m. Pouring rain
Day 134- 6:20 a.m. Pouring rain
DAY 133- 6:20 a.m. Pouring rain

On DAY 0, I vowed not to drive a car to work this school year.
On DAY 0, the sun was shining. I had no idea it would rain for practically the entire month of March...and throughout half of February...

On DAY 133, I put on my rain gear and walked to work. After the first 5 minutes the rain turned to mist.

On DAY 134 it poured non-stop and I walked to work. It poured the entire day.

Today, DAY 135, I dressed to walk as it was pouring. When I went outside the rain stopped...and I looked up to see a little sky that wasn't grey....so I quickly packed my work bike...and as I made it to the big hill rain trickled from my rain pants into my hiking boot...which I was wearing because I was going to walk to work...but decided not to go downstairs and get riding shoes on since I wanted to get to work before it started to rain again...so I had to dry my sock on the heater before the kids arrived....and I cursed the rain.

48 days to go.


*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*
*RAIN RAIN GO AWAY*

3 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

YOU are a rockstar!

Unknown said...

Rainy days and Mondays always make me smile.....

Tins and Treasures said...

Good Morning, Marey,
You are amazing...You've come a long way. Just 48 more days? YOU CAN DO IT!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. ~Natalie