18 March 2011

We interupt your class to warn you that a tornado is coming.....

Today my class was interrupted by a tornado! We had to shelter in the upper grade wing hallway where there are no windows.....(but the district plan neglected to consider the skylights above.) But it was okay....the tornado did not touch down and was not seen by anyone until it got to San Francisco where someone put it on U-Tube. This was definitely a first in my teaching career. Once when I was 4 years old we were visiting relatives in Illinois and the sirens went off....I think we went in to the basement- I don't recall but I do remember the sirens.

TGIF...I thought the week would never end...PTA meeting that went late, appointment with our tax man and a Reading Game Night that I helped with and two trips to the airport....and I still managed to swim 3 nights.

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*GO AZTECS*

2 comments:

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Ha! It's always something to make our job just a little bit more difficult! Today the maintenance guys were there soldering something with our water heater too close to the fire alarm so right after dropping off the kids at lunch our fire alarm went off. We all ran back in, pulled them out of the cafeteria, and walked them out the field. After finding out it was a false alarm we brought the kids back in and one of my babies said, "Why didn't you tell us there was going to be a fire drill?" Ha! Just another day on crazy island!
We have one more week 'til spring break! It's sorely needed.
How about you?

Unknown said...

Don't you just love how excited the kids get when there's something going on that interrupts the day!
The Rangers lost? Thank goodness it's spring training.