22 April 2011

FINAL ANSWER?

Congrats to Pumpkin Delight....I don't think she even used her life line......No, we are not at Mt. Whitney (it's 100 miles from here)....that will be in August....I am not fool enough to attempt that ascent with a lot of snow on the trail...and I really do not like to be cold.....(unlike my K friend Chi Town Girl!)


BUT



DEATH VALLEY

is where you oughta be in April...wildflowers, warm summer nights, wildlife and starry night skies and the fullest moon I have ever seen. Not many people and great campsites...and just the nicest break away from work ever :)



In September I climbed Mt. Whitney which is the tallest peak in the continental U.S.


On Sunday, I stood at Bad Water which is exactly -282 feet BELOW sea level....the lowest spot in the world besides the Dead Sea.....so that's the highs and lows of it all for the past year....

Thanks to all who played...Grandma J, you had some good guesses....but don't feel too sad...there are more games coming....and with my 4 readers you have pretty good odds of winning your personalized dish towel....

Ya all come back now, ya hear?
(I still have your address Kimberly.....but it may take a week or so....)

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*SCOTTY'S CASTLE HERE WE COME*

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Woop Woop for Pumpkin! I've never seen Death Valley look so good. Gotta slow down next time!!

Tins and Treasures said...

Good evening, Marey,
It looks like a fabulous place to visit. I am sorry I missed playing your game...maybe next time!

Anyway, not sure you know about my Etsy team giveaways...you should stop by and sign up!

Have a blessed Easter. ~Natalie

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Yay! I never win anything. How exciting to have guessed right. I hope you are having a brillant time and not dying in the heat...you're not used to that living up North!