28 June 2011

I Heart DC...

94 degrees with 43% humidity....and I may be the only person that truly loves this weather! (Besides that ....it's raining at my house...so there summer....I will take this any day over June Gloom!

I walked 7.5 miles today....saw the Bureau of Engraving and Printing, the Archives (Constitution, Declaration of Independence, etc) Capitol tour, Library of Congress and had lunch....this was the lightest day so far....still loving it in DC.

U.S. Forestry...everyone loves Smokie!

Capitol....


The Library of Congress...is the most beautiful building here...next time I come back I will have to be cleared to do research so I can go into the research libraries.


...the reason I took this is because it reminded me of GET SMART...remember that spy show? This is the hall that leads from the Capitol to the Library of Congress. I started singing the GET SMART theme song in here.



Under the rotunda in the Capitol there is this star that is exactly the center compass of the entire city...the total layout of the city starts here at the center.



This plaque is on the floor of the old senate building....it is where his desk was.....it is way in the back because this was before Abe had any clout.


My favorite building of all....



This is really hard to see small...but it is me in front of the Department of Education Building...I didn't go in though....just rang the bell and posed for a photo.



*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH



HARDER*RING THE BELL*

2 comments:

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Yay! So glad you are having a good time. I love DC too! I've only been twice for a couple of days each trip. In that time I saw some of the biggie attractions, but I know there is so much more to explore. Have fun!

Unknown said...

How cool that you saw so many interesting landmarks. I think I'd like a couple of weeks to explore the Capitol. I'm glad you got this opportunity of a lifetime.