12 June 2011

Monday

Tomorrow I go back to school for 2 sessions with next fall's incoming kindergartners for assessing. This is something we have wanted to do for years but were never given the opportunity. We originally set a date in August, but with my luck in getting chosen in the lottery for Mt. Whitney, we could only schedule for June. Soooooo, off I will go on my first weekday of summer vacation, back to work. I will ride my bike, but not at 6:15 a.m.

I have to finish packing up my classroom. I have jammed a few things up on the very tip-top of cabinets and shoved other "stuff" into cabinets. I will need access to stuff for the 2 classes I am teaching next week....so I better remember where I shoved "stuff."

I do feel lucky though. Next June, on the last day of school, EVERYTHING I own in the classroom will need to be packed up and removed!!!! The day after school is out the "remodernization" will begin. I will have 27 years of teaching "stuff"-----2 giant rugs, furniture, supplies, supplies and supplies. Kindergarten is completely hands on. Every lesson has "stuff"....incubators, blocks, silk worm eggs, turtle terrariums, rat cages, fish bowls, magnifying glasses, board games, manipulatives for math, Judy clocks...AND BOOKS. My books are in Xerox paper boxes, filed by theme....and there are 15 boxes....PLUS the books I leave out for the students. AND a GIANT book rack...and shelves...and old tables from back in the day...and a VCR and a DVD player....and video tapes and DVD's AND an ancient projector, because, yes, when the county stopped loaning films they gave them away and I have several favorites that I still show...thank goodness I had to take Ancient Technology 101 when I was in college so I could learn to use the projector, and an overhead, and a slide projector....way back in the day.

So today I will clean out the garage...because I just don't get enough organizing and cleaning in my life....Daughter #2 is having a RUMMAGE SALE next weekend to help in funding her trip to New Zealand. She purchased her airline ticket yesterday...so it's official. Anyone want to buy an overhead projector?



*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*HAPPY SUNDAY*CAN YOU BELIEVE THE SUN IS TRYING TO COME OUT HERE?*PERHAPS IT MIGHT BE SPRING?*




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my! That's a whole lot of stuff to move. I can only imagine how excited Daughter #2 has to be. I'd love to go to New Zealand.