05 November 2011

Jack-in-the-Cubbies and Mornings at Work

My class went to a pumpkin patch the week before Halloween...each student got a pumpkin that we weighed, measured and counted the stripes and recorded the info into their own pumpkin books. Then each student carved their very own pumpkin...each child scooped out the goop and seeds....however willing or unwilling they were to get their hands goopy. And with those little carving knives each child carved their own. This is usually a first and the parents are amazed that their child did it all themselves....and in all these years I have never had a child cut themselves while carving....and I estimate that's approximately 700 pumpkins.


And on Halloween morning, when the goblins in costume came into class, each Jack-o-lantern was lighted in the cubbies....it was an incredible sight!

Almost as incredible as the sky from my back door of my classroom when I get to work each morning....






Since I cannot ride to work, daughter #1 and I carpool...I cross the playground before the sun comes up and as I put out the flag and toys, the sun comes up...it is amazingly different each day and I have to stop and catch my breath. I wish I had a really nice camera to capture the colors of the sky.


Friday morning it was rainy and gray but the lights of the city and Bay Bridge shone through the trees....that blank area is the San Francisco Bay....the view is so cool...literally cool as the storm came in from Alaska and it was 47 on my patio thermometer....but warmer than where BIG Foot lives.....he got 7" of snow on his patio.

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*ENJOY THE VIEW*

4 comments:

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Fun fun fun! Our 1-6 kids aren't allowed to dress up. Our K does and so do most of the teachers on campus. I had to leave for a meeting 1/2 day dressed as a tired teacher. :)
Do you and your daughter teach at the same school?

Busy Bee Suz said...

Love all those lil' pumkins. YOU are the funnest teacher ever. Love those skies too.....just makes you stop and take it in, whether it is blue, orange or gray. :)

ChiTown Girl said...

LOVE the jack-o-lanterns! Did you use those battery operated tea lights to light them?

How lucky you are to have that view every morning. But, you've got to know by now that I'm jealous of Bigfoot's snow on his patio!! ;-)

M said...

My daughter teaches middle school science up the peninsula...wish she worked with me though...and no, I didn't use battery lights, I used real candles and fire...and I statoned a parent at the cubbies when the kids came in and she didn't let them near...we enjoyed the lighted Jack-o-lanterns with the lights off and blinds down...then the parents blew out the candles. The kids thought it was the best :)