04 December 2011

Trees, Kiwis and Poodles

It was a beautiful day to go tree shopping....it's just odd to go with only one kid. 

BIG Foot won't be in for another 10 days and Daughter #2 won't be back for ?? a year or more. So it was a short shopping trip and we found a tree at the second place we went.

Daughter #1 and I went shopping for necessities to ship to Daughter #2 for Xmas...she doesn't need anything that she can't backpack around after Jan. 31. She will be leaving her little flat in Wellington and heading for grape picking in the south. So we got her sunscreen and food...and hot sauce because everything tastes so bland there.

Here are the Kiwi's pictures from bungee, or Wire Jumping as they call it down under.



Looks so incredibly fun! She got to go two times for one price since it was a slow day.

On the home front, I have been busy making Xmas gifts to mail. My niece and I have a thing about poodles...they are not exactly our favorite dogs. So when I was checking my online embroidery store, my niece apparently thought it would be hilarious to add a few poodles to my bag unbeknownst to me. Well I thought it was hilarious to purchase those poodle designs and stitch them into some very pretty dish towels for her....so here is one:

That'll teach her heeheeeheee!
Don't you think the dingle balls and ric rac add to the 50's ugly-ish design? I am sure she will love it!

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*BUY A TREE*
JUMP FROM THE
HIGHEST BUILDING IN THE
SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE*LOVE A POODLE*

2 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

The towel is so tacky...that is is actually cute!!!!
Love the bungee photos! She is a natural adventurist, it is in her DNA!!!!
How are you going to survive NOT seeing her for so long????

Tins and Treasures said...

Hi, again,
I agree...not seeing your daughter for that long must be sooo hard. We see Amy only about twice a year. And she even lives pretty close...

I haven't been very good about commenting lately...just popping in just long enough to keep up with what going on. I appreciate your good friendship and wish the best for you this holiday season. ~Natalie