15 January 2012

Kinder Conference

I had an amazing weekend....beginning with Friday night when my kindergarten students played harmonic bells, sang a song and recited a poem for an audience of parents, teachers and conference members. They were awesome!

Our art display in the hotel lobby had 108 pieces of mounted art from classrooms throughout California and a few other states plus Canada. I was able to take my student's photos in front of their artwork. After the performance the students were invited to make projects at the art stations. It was an enjoyable evening.

Daughter #1 spent Friday night with me and we used the hot tub and celebrated the beginning of a 3 day weekend. 

Saturday I finished videoing a session just in time to watch the 4th quarter of the 49ers football game at the hotel lobby bar. Another CKA Committee member and I watched the final minutes of the game cheering with the crowd, then mourning what we thought was a sure loss, to dancing in a high 5 celebration with the entire crowd! It took an hour to come down from that adrenaline rush!

The Captain and I went to dinner Saturday night and then finished the evening in the hot tub. Then up early Sunday morning to pack the car and get all my video equipment together for taping the final sessions of the conference. Then home again home again jiggity jig.

I look forward to sleeping in tomorrow.

This was taken at the press conference on Friday afternoon.

Senator Simitian authored the bill that was signed into law making transitional kindergarten happen...and rolling back the CA entrance date for kindergarten. Jerry Brown has cut funding for this bill- but since it is law, it is unclear what will happen. Kinder. reg. begins next month...

Kinder Art on Display:




This last one shows two of my classes pieces- 7 basic lines and water color on top and vases with spring flowers on the bottom.

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH
HARDER*GO 49ERS!*

6 comments:

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Wow! Very cool art work. I'm very impressed. I had not heard that Brown cut the funding for the transitional K. What else is new!?!?!

Anonymous said...

I hope San Francisco fans are ready to face my NY team, the Giants for next week (I am not actually a football fan but I support my NY teams). The game is on. : )

Anonymous said...

I love, love, LOVE their artwork.
I love your hot tub.
And most of all, I love that you are a teacher. You love the littles so much and it shows. I am thankful you are someone that teaches our babies.

ChiTown Girl said...

GORGEOUS artwork!!! And, gorgeous teacher!

Natalie said...

I remember my mom going to the kinder conference in Ohio every year!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Your weekend sounds both exciting and productive!!!!
Woot Woot!