11 November 2011

Veterans, Dads & Thanks

(This post is from Vet's Day 3 years ago...I went back to the archives and pulled this- since it won't offend anyone in particular, I have reposted. Have a great Day!)


I am thankful for the day off....but when I went to hang the flag outside my house this morning I felt sad that both my dads are gone...both served our country- my Dad in WW II and the Captain America's Dad in Korea and Viet Nam. Both flew planes on dangerous missions and were exposed to chemicals and radiation that most likely ended their lives early. If you know a Vet, say a word of thanks today.

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*THANK A VET FOR OUR FREEDOM*

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice post and great pictures and cartoon.

I'm with you....not too many people post about our service men and women or vets.

I did find one blog that put a picture from MASH....I found that sad. Just me.

I just got back from the parade...but it's raining so I have to forego the cemetery because it's pretty far and on a FM (farm to market rd...very rural).
The parade was very small town but very patriotic.
Enjoy your day off

Tins and Treasures said...

Nice post for Veteran's Day. I does mean so much when you've had someone close to you in the service.

Tins and Treasures said...

Sorry, I meant, It does mean so much...

Anonymous said...

I loved this post! I thanked all of my relatives that were in the military, my best friend, David, and my cousing, Johnny. I also thanked a man in the neighborhood who was wearing a NAVY hat. He got kind of embarassed.

What a blessing to have these men and woman who fought for our country!