28 September 2010

Taking BIG Foot to College

This is the bumper sticker that BIG Foot wants...I think it is funny...but some CO natives do not think it is funny.

Here are the dorm photos taken with my phone...when we first got into the dorm we could barely turn around in one spot...we tried to move the bed but it is impossible to move without taking it apart...so I went to the desk to ask for tools and found out loft kits were available!! At Cal Poly you may not loft a bed...there are so many rules that it really isn't fun to decorate your brick dorm room...but here...well it is a different story!! So once the bed was lofted there was room to hold out your arms when you turned around! In fact, BIG Foot can pretty much reach wall to wall with his giant wing span. But we got everything put away, got Spiderman on the bed and clothes in the armoire....although the shelves for shoes in the armoire were not large enough for size 15 Sorels and high tops...but since he can reach on top the armoire easily, his shoes are stored on top!


A refrigerator is most important...especially one with a freezer for ice cream!!



The best thing about college is the rec center....with the huge pool and the tubes slide....oh ya, and the 20 man hot tub!



....and the Rocky Mountains.....
...and Garden of the Gods....
....so I have gotten exactly 3 texts from BIG Foot in the almost 2 months....
1. Hey tuition is due today!
2. Do my socks go in with colored clothes or white clothes? (They are white with grey heels and toes....I know he didn't have 3 weeks worth of socks....so HOT WATER DUDE!)
3. 45/50 on chem exam is a B after the curve!
*LIVESTRONG* STUDY HARD*

4 comments:

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Ahhhh, looks like fun! I loved, loved, loved college. I always think about how easy and fun that part of my life was when the kids go away each year. I hope he enjoys it to the fullest.

Natalie said...

1. Your boy looks like a man.
2. I need that same bumper sticker.

Jen said...

I can tell you are a proud momma. :D
We are in our senior year already.....wow that went fast!
and this economy better recover quick so a job can be found.

Jen said...

Oh yeah...Spiderman. LOL
Brad's was SpongeBob. ha!