Several years back, Daughter #2 and I were doing a 65 miler training for America's Most Beautiful Bike Ride...we were on the back roads in the east bay and it was a cold, drizzly day. I was in front and as we went around a hairpin turn..... a squirrel ran in front of me....in a flash of a second I had to decide what to do...or what not to do....the road was slick and covered with leaves...I chose to close my eyes and and let out a string of explicatives. When I opened my eyes, the squirrel was gone-(most likely to change his shorts,) and I was still on the bike being followed by Daughter #2 laughing hysterically.
Come last Monday, riding to work as the sun was just bringing light to the sky....going downhill 25 MPH on my 30 pound work bike with baskets loaded and....THE DARNED SQUIRREL WAS BACK! He ran right across the street in front of me...I couldn't swerve because a car was in the oncoming lane....TAKE II.
Then yesterday, the same hill, only just beginning the decent, I heard something in the bushes...I turned to see.......A DAMNED 2 POINT BUCK!- he jumped in front of me- I screamed and he ran faster....I had 2 gallons of apple juice in the baskets and almost dumped the bike right there...I think he went home to change his shorts also...what's next? Indians? Tyrannosaurus Rex? Gremlins?
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*DODGE THE CRITTERS ON THE BIG HILL*



1 comment:
Oh my hell!!! I don't know how you do it! I don't even want to run into those things in my SUV!!!
Post a Comment