07 January 2011

It was 33 degrees when I rode my bike to work on Tuesday. I couldn't find my fingered biking gloves and I needed to leave for work...thank goodness for a red light at a major intersection so I could warm my fingers under my jacket...they were throbbing from the cold. Then a quick ride to the post office to mail two packages at the automated machine and warm my fingers again. My 52 degree classroom felt warm!

You can bet I made a point to find my gloves when I got home from work Tuesday night...and had the gloves ready for the rest of the week. Funny thing how I lose my bike gloves. I have about 6 pairs....and I only have the right gloves of each pair. I am wearing a larger one backwards on my left hand....it is fine for riding to work but it won't be fine for long rides on my road bike...guess I will be going to REI soon!

It was a wonderful week in kindergarten. So much to tell but I can't...but we had a great center on Wednesday where we spelled out names with Cheez-It Scrabble crackers and then ate them! Post Card Cindy found the crackers and told me about them. I looked high and low in every store on the peninsula and never found them so on Christmas she brought over 3 boxes for my class. The kids loved finding their letters and then making other words...mostly words they have leaned to spell from songs. The only letter we were short on was "F" but one little girl solved that by showing the kids they could break off the bottom of the "E" cracker to make an "F." Gotta love 'em!

The next 2 weekends are filled with kindergarten conference preparation...I am not presenting this year so that is a relief but I am in charge of several time consuming projects. I just finished a dish towel for the silent auction...and will spend tomorrow morning at a planning meeting and then mounting artwork for displays. I will bike to the train so I will be getting in some much needed exercise.

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND*

2 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Girl, just READING about your biking exhausts me. ;-)

Aren't those crackers the best!? I discovered them a couple of years ago. So cute!

I hope your weekend isn't ALL about work. Take some time to rest. Monday will be here in the blink on an eye.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I.can't.belive.you.bike.in.freezing.weather.
You are my hero.
You are an amazing teacher. Any child lucky enough to have YOU as a teacher is lucky enough.
Suz