13 February 2011

Another Bridge?

There are 5 major bridges connecting the peninsula where I live, to the rest of California. Unfortunately there are only 2 that are passable by bike or foot. Last weekend we crossed the Golden Gate...it was a beautiful sunny day....


Yesterday was another such day and the Captain and I decided to ride across the Dumbarton Bridge which he used to commute across to work each day. We had never been across this particular bridge on bike or foot...and of course I made the stop for photos at 1/2 way....we also got to watch sea lions frolicking in the surf below....




The weather was sunny but the visibility was not the best...an onshore wind kept all the haze inland....the arrow in the photo is the park where we stopped and enjoyed the view from a grassy hillside and took the cell phone photos below...




My only complaint was the haze...and my sore back which hasn't seemed to heal from Thanksgiving...but what a day for a 33.41 mile ride!
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*RIDE THE BRIDGES*

No comments: