14 February 2011

VALENTINE'S WITH LOVE

Every year since Daughter#1 went off treatment I have honored her with Project Cali Ali Valentine. My class makes Valentine cards and I send them out with a small gift to a child or teen with cancer or another life threatening illness. This year was year #5 and below is the first thank you letter we recieved:

Dear XXXXX and the LMNOP Classroom,
I have to tell you that my son Scott, was totally blown away and so appreciative after he read the Valentine he received in the mail from XXXXX today. It melted Scott's heart as well as my heart, and I am so grateful that you all are praying for my sweet son. Thank you ... Thank you. Scott will be sending a thank you letter to XXXXX and you all, so please keep an eye out for it. I just have to say that going through this cancer journey with my son for going on three years, just getting that card in the mail from XXXXX put the biggest smile on my soon to be 18 yr. old. He has been through so much, but I wish you could have seen the smile on his face when he read it.

With faith and hope,
Diane and Scott

If you would like to see Scott's caringbridge page you can go to:
caringbridge.org/visit/scotthammond


May you have a wonderful Valentine's Day
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*MAKE SOMEONE'S DAY*

3 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

What an awesome project!

I'm not sure what's with Stud's link, although, I haven't updated it yet for THIS year's drive. I'm gonna get on that right now :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

How nice, love that you and your students to this.
I will be praying for Scott as well.

Unknown said...

Thank you M for being such a beautiful person. You inspire me in so many ways! Love, Becky