05 April 2011

It's About time.....

....and speed.....

I have been logging my mileage on the sidebar for a few years now...and I have done my share of googling my mileage on maps from point A to B....but recently the Captain bought me an odometer for my work bike. It also has the time, average speed, maximum speed along with a stop watch for ride time and a sleep mode.....AND the best part of the whole thing is that I can read the numbers WITHOUT my glasses!

....so Monday I tried out my new toy....and imagine my shock when I got to work and saw that my max speed down the BIG hill was 33 MPH.... since I left late for work, the sun was coming up and I didn't have to be careful of deer jumping out into my path...so I sailed down. On the way home imagine my surprise when I saw that down the shorter but straight hill my max speed was 36 MPH!

I am always so cautious....on my road bike, clipped into the pedals, I always let the other riders go ahead of me down hills because I don't like to go fast..... and if I let go it has to be a wide road with no traffic...and I am still leery....but my work bike is more like the bike I rode as a kid...and the weight of all the "stuff" in my baskets does help propel me downward....and I really had no idea I was going that fast....but the Captain was wondering why I was going through brake pads so quickly...guess that's why!


*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*RIDE THE HILLS*

IT'S ALL ABOUT TIME*

2 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Holy moly, that makes me nervous just reading it!! PLEASE be careful!!!

Unknown said...

Speed Racer!! Remember when you were a kid, and you went really fast down a hill with your feet straight out or up on the handle bars? Of course no one wore a helmet either.