At every intersection there are police, community service workers, police cadets and volunteers stopping traffic. I have made it my job to thank each one for volunteering as I pass...I also cheer on the little kids who run. About 1 1/2 miles in the race splits and 5 K runners turn and 10K runners continue straight ahead. I am training...(or am pretending to train,) for a mini tri in July and the Women's Nike half in October so I continued ahead. On the final mile stretch I passed a few runners and one woman stayed at my heels. I thought she was going to pass but she didn't....she stayed right behind me through the chute. I paused to check my time on my ipod and she asked what it was...then she said she couldn't believe I talked to everyone throughout the run...she was younger than me and sucking wind...so I took that as a compliment.
I had just enough time to check the postings before heading to my school Parent/Teacher fundraiser softball game. My neighbor won the women's 10K with a time of 43:15! She's an awesome runner who has qualified for Boston!
Then onto the game where I got up to bat 3x and pitched two innings. I love softball but i haven't played in years. I haven't thrown a ball in over a year since putting my dog to sleep.
Well, since the world didn't end yesterday I guess I better do lesson plans for this week.
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH
HARDER*RUN THE RUN*



3 comments:
Ha ha ha! Lesson plans! Another reason the rapture might have been nice. :) Just kidding. You are amazing! All that running is so impressive. Whenever I hear "Boston Marathon" or in this case read, it reminds me about the woman runner who won many years in a row and then was found out that she took the T (subway) through the city each time which is why she got the amazing time. That's how I'd have to run a marathon!
Have a great week!
Kudos! You are such an inspiration to so many.
I was too wondering how you spoke as you ran! You are in phenomenal shape...best of luck in your next events!!
Post a Comment