YES!
First day of camp! I have two great groups of kids. From 9-12 have ERIC CARLE Camp...we listen to Eric Carle stories, and a do boatload of activities related to the books and Eric Carle himself.
Then I get to clean up, eat lunch and another group of students come from 1-3 for AN ARTIST A DAY. We do an author study and projects...today we did Andy Worhol...and here a few of the practice pieces:


Not too bad for 7-9 year olds...and the first was done by a 6 year old.NEW YORK! NEW YORK!
I will be attending a Reading Institute at the Teacher's College at Columbia University. I have never been to the east coast...I am so excited! My kids have been to NY and DC with their 8th grade trips...so now I will be able to color NY and DC in on my map. The best part is....my travel is paid for!
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*GO TO CAMP*NY HERE I COME!*



6 comments:
OMG, that art work is amazing!! Camp sounds awesome! I wish there was money here for these kinds of camps. I might not even mind working during the summer if we did. I said "might"...
What a wonderful opportunity and travel adventure. Those kids are good artists!
The artwork is just amazing!
I can't believe you have not been to the East coast before; I thought you have been everywhere. :)
You are going to (not) love the humidity!!!!
Hey, my sister in law is attending the same camp : ) and is so looking forward to it!!!! : ) I bet you will all have a blast!
Will email her info so you can look for her : )
That is so awesome. I love those projects. Have fun in NYC!
Post a Comment