11 August 2011

Off to college again....

This morning BIG Foot took off for his Grandmother's house....2/3 of the way to his college town.

Thank goodness he did not have to travel 800+ miles alone...he had his Rasta monkey that he won at the county fair.

After good-byes I walked 5 miles with my former coworker and then rode to school with the Captain. It takes 2x as long to ride and there is more up than just the BIG hill to my old school. I also rode a little slower because I had 2- 64 quart Rubber Maid tubs on the back of my bike.

I was excited to find I now have enough tables to sit the kids at!! AND the ballast is fixed so the lights don't flicker...and the wonderful janitor found a cart for the T.V. he salvaged for me. AND I have brand new chairs!! I have never had brand new classroom furniture or a new white board (that I ordered today!) You know you're a teacher when silly things excite you!!

It took all day to paper these walls and put up border...but I did manage to set up the "stuff" you see here into a configuration that I am very happy with.

The Captain was too tired to swim today so I stayed longer to finish a few things- then I rode to the BIG DOWNHILL......
but first I took a picture of the view leaving my school...


The fog is pouring in from the coast and over to the reservoir.

Then to the hill....where you can see the Oakland Bay Bridge and the San Mateo Bridge....and if the trees were cut down some you could see the Golden Gate. The fog is engulfing The City too....but it is the 2nd real day of summer here at my house!

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*RIDE THE DOWNHILL*

2 comments:

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Ahhh, I remember the excitment of heading back to college. I loved it. Your school view is gorgeous! Is next week when you go back? No kids Monday, kids Tuesday. I'm trying to psych myself up for it.:)

Busy Bee Suz said...

Beautiful views M! Are you going to ride your bike all year to the new school???
I hope Big foot has a fabulous year at school. So, can he ride in the HOV lanes with the Rasta guy??? :)