09 September 2011

BIG Agnes

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new sleeping bag...

Way back in high school I bought a mummy bag....it was fairly expensive and since I was paying for everything on my own I didn't get what I really wanted, but got what I could afford....it was too long and not wide enough....it was ugly brown and wasn't light enough...but it served me many years of warmth.

For this past Whitney trip I was going to sleep well. A mummy bag for a side/stomach sleeper does not really work. I didn't mind carrying a heavier bag if I was going to sleep well. I found this BIG Agnes bag at REI....besides loving the color, I fell in LOVE with the style...it is wider AND the pad inserts into the bottom of the bag so I cannot roll off the insulation pad...which not only keeps me warm but keeps me off the ground.

Unfortunately, my air mattress had a faulty valve...and after 2 hours I was sleeping on the solid rock of the mountain....then I would blow it back up and sleep for another 2 hours.

Soooooo, I returned my pad and got a BIG Agnes pad that is exactly the shape of the sleeping bag....I am so spoiled now! I can't wait to go backpacking....(but not at 12,000 feet!)

The best part is that the pad was 20% off last weekend...and my sleeping bag was too...AND since I had purchased it within the last month, I got a refund for the sale price...which covered the pad!

Just heard from our Kiwi down-under...she is enjoying the WORLD CUP of RUGBY in Auckland...and having the time of her life!

My friends in San Diego enjoyed a day off today following the BIG power outage yesterday...and a little today...lucky dogs!

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*BIG AGNES ROCKS*GO N.Z. RUGBY TEAM!*LIGHTS OUT SAN DIEGO*

5 comments:

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

I'm not really a camper, but if I were I think I would want one of these, especially because it's pink! I was getting text after text last night checking if my power was out too? Luckily (unluckily) we didn't lose it here. I worried that we would in the middle of the night and the alarm wouldn't go off! I guess if that happened there wouldn't be school anyways. :)
Happy weeekend!

Natalie said...

Ooooo, pretty!

ChiTown Girl said...

Posts like this make me just shake my head and laugh. I love you, Sista Girl, but I just don't get it. I can't even for a moment imagine WANTING to sleep on the ground, outside, in a sleeping bag, with or without the fancy air mattress! But, hey, whatever floats your boat. :)

M said...

Hahahah...once you got out into the wide open beauty with few or no pepole at all you would understand :) And the food's not so bad either.

Busy Bee Suz said...

That does look really comfy!!!
Glad Kiwi is doing great!