That is the first time in one year and 17 days that I did so.
I felt pretty lazy, so after dropping off my Friday newsletter to a child who has been out ill for a week I went and swam a mile. Just do it I say.
This morning I got up reeeeealy early to take The Captain to the airport...then I went straight to school...and a little before the bell rang I got a text from The Captain saying his flight was delayed...and right as the bell rang I got a text saying his flight was canceled. Thank goodness I had set up the Johnny Appleseed video just in case I was delayed coming back from the airport...so I took roll quickly, set the video up and got online only to find that no other flights were direct to SLC in the whole airport....and he had to be there for a 4 p.m. meeting.....so I found a flight out of Oakland that was non-stop. So I called the Captain and said, "RUN FOR A TAXI!" I booked him on a flight that left in 90 minutes...so he had no time to waste! He got a taxi and made it there with time to spare BUT IT COST $110! Holy smokes! In New York I took a taxi from Upper West Side Manhattan to LaGuardia for $45...go figure...New York is supposed to be expensive! At any rate, he made it there...made the meeting and all was well in LMNOP Land....(minus the taxi bill.)
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*JUST DO IT*



3 comments:
Yikes! Well NYC has SOOO many taxis, there's a surplus! Glad he made it. Isn't the internet wonderful? Whenever I'm involved in a flight issue and take care of it online I'm always like, "What did we do 10 years ago?" I can't remember!
Wowza....that was co$tly!!!!
You crack me up...you felt lazy driving to work. he he.
Have a great day!
I don't know how you do it all. Amazing.
Riding, swimming, teaching, organizing flights, cooking, mothering. Everything...you are the best.
Post a Comment