14 September 2011

It's September 14th and I haven't even....

done my Childhood Cancer Awareness post...so I stole this from NotquitewhatIhadplanned: 

Picture your child's homeroom. Now, picture 26 homerooms, lined up in a row, each one of them with 25 kids in it. THAT is how many kids have been diagnosed with cancer since Sept 1 .. Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, and it's not even half over yet. Hug your kids today.

9 years ago in August, my teenaged Daughter #1 was dx with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. She had 2 1 /2 years of DAILY chemotherapy (and countless other medical procedures,) to get where she is today. Until there is a CURE- (don't sue me for using that word Koman Foundation,) for all cancers, childhood or otherwise, we are all vulnerable.

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*FIND A CURE*

2 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

I did not realize she had treatments for 2 1/2 years!!!
I am so glad that your story ended well....
prayers for all those other sweet kiddos.
xo

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Very nice post!