21 September 2011

What makes a teacher happy?

....finally getting the white board that was ordered in August! My classroom had 4 walls and old carpet when I moved in...that's it. I placed my order August 15th and waited...and waited...and waited...and then I finally asked...."where's my white board?" Turns out the FAX was never received at the company it was ordered from....so the order was placed again on Friday....
and today....it came! And the wonderful janitor mounted it right away. I cut the edges of the film, pulled it off and ....OH MY! Writing on a brand new white board is like butter! I am so lucky!! I have never had a new board before.


Now I can put up bulletin boards on that wall....and my room will be complete....

.....only 5 days until Johnny Appleseed's birthday...we will be making applesauce :)

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER
*WRITE ON A NEW WHITE BOARD*

5 comments:

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Wonderful! How did you teach without one for the last few weeks? If anything, we are flexible!

M said...

I had one giant piece of butcher paper the size of the board- to mark where the board should be mounted...then I kept taping papers over the top....very difficult as the kindergartners cannot ignore other writing...and kept getting confused...plus the wall doesn't take push pins or staples so I had to staple gun the main paper and then tape the rest...and it kept sagging and falling...that is why I am soooooooo happy!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Like writing on butter??? You are too funny.
Your classroom looks like a fun learning environment !
I love applesauce...yum.

ChiTown Girl said...

You are a goddess! I can't believe you survived that long without a board!!

At first, I thought you were talking about a Smartboard. Then I realized it was just a regular old white board, which makes it even cuter, cuz I'd be the same way. :)

M said...

Really Suz....butter! After 27 years of chalk board- in the early days...and I am allergic to chalk dust- and a hand-me-down white board from a business that got new ones...with a surface that was yellowed and didn't erase easily, this is INCREDIBLE!!