Sounds funny, but in December, I didn't get to swim, bike or run much. I really missed that alone time. The time without my cell phone, work or conversation. Just time alone with my thoughts. Yesterday I rode to work -the most western school in the district, and at lunch I rode to the most easterly school in the district for a book discussion. The weather was gorgeous and on the morning ride I saw a coyote on the trail. The afternoon ride was along the bay for a short while...and there were geese, (Canada you can have them back anytime you'd like,) and little rabbits hopping around. On both of those parts of the ride I don't have to worry about traffic and can just think. And in the pool today I could plan lessons and think about upcoming projects and things I would like to do...and all these ideas just float around and it is so peaceful. When I run I usually take my ipod and keep one ear to the music and one ear to listen for cars and the likes...but on park trail I can relax. Daughter #1 and I signed up for a mini-mini tri next month...so we'll be kicking it up a notch...or not.
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*LISTEN TO NOTHING
BUT THE THOUGHTS IN YOUR HEAD*



2 comments:
You are a machine!
Having time with out own thoughts is the best! Yeah, you are a machine!
Post a Comment