To make matters worse when the road was repaved they only added one symbol of a bike. The stretch of road is over a mile long and no place else does it even have BIKE LANE or another bike symbol painted in the lane. This should be common sense not to cross a solid white line unless you are making a turn...but then again why would you cut a curve when you cannot see what is on the other side?
Yesterday morning, traffic engineers were at my school to help with the traffic flow for the new remodel. I told them about the problem with the bike lane and they referred me to complain to Public Works. Yesterday afternoon a cyclist was struck on the curve of this bike lane and dragged 100' by a van towing a trailer. The driver did not even know he struck the cyclist. The cyclist was taken to the hospital and I have no idea of his condition.
Something needs to be done before this happens again. Bike lane painting? Rumble strips? Signage? Ticketing idiots who can not drive in the marked lane?
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*DRIVE SAFELY*



2 comments:
Oh my gosh...this is so horrible. I pray the injured biker will be ok and that this situation can be repaired!
AWFUL! I can't believe their response was to refer you elsewhere. Sheesh.
Post a Comment