Yesterday I did nothing...never even left the house. I did sew pillow forms for my school's sensory motor program...that took about 2 hours. Then I soaked in the tub and read for 1 1/2 hours. Ahhhh...I haven't done that in years.
Today the Captain and I got up and froze at an antique fair at the college where we swim. A parent of one of my students sells there. It was fun to walk around and look at all the cool things from way back when. A few weeks back, we were talking about toys from when we were kids...BIG Foot read that Mr. Potato Head was made in 1952. I had that toy and the commercial encouraged the pieces to be used on real potatoes and carrots. The Captain laughed at me and I was so sure that there was a plastic carrot too....so today I found proof:
It still had all the pieces in the original box and I would have bought it for my class....except I do not have that much money....this vendor had ridiculously high prices compared to the others. We did get a hand-crank can opener that mounts on the cabinet....one like Great Grandma had. I also bought another little thing but I can't mention it because that person is one of 3 who reads my blog.
The weather turned sunny and Daughter #1 and I went for a 2 mile run...which we stupidly started up a giant hilll and I proceeded to suck wind at the top....next time we will run the park first and then the hill.
Plans for Day 3...sleeping in for starters :)
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*ENJOY A WEEK OFF*




2 comments:
I love antique markets/fairs. So much good stuff to look at. Sounds like you are having a wonderful long weekend. Enjoy another day and a half! Too bad they aren't all 3-4 day weekends.
You deserve some time in the tub....love the antique fair too. Katie the carrot? Who knew? Well, YOU knew!
Post a Comment