We did today...in fact half of the eggs we cracked were green!
Oh, to be a kindergartner and see that the egg you just cracked was GREEN! Seriously, green! How does that happen? Leprechaun magic? Green chickens? A few parents were there to witness...and sure enough the eggs were green!
Then we cooked 'em up with Low Sodium Turkey Spam...and 19/22 kinders liked Green Eggs & Spam....and 22/22 enjoyed the Dr. Seuss classic Green Eggs & Ham that I rewrote to say, "Would you eat them in a car? Would you eat them with Ms. R?"
And then we topped off the week by building leprechaun traps with our 5th grade buddies...with gold coins as bait and loads of tape and string and plastic containers and boxes and lots of shamrock decorations and luring notes. WoW...the magic of St. Patrick's Day...or the day before St. Patrick's Day is so fun!
(this is where I was going to upload a photo of me in my Lucky Charms t-shirt but apparently I am out of Picassa storage? Hmmm... better look into that one)
Erin Go Braugh...
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*KISS ME I'M IRISH*



3 comments:
Love it! It's so cute how they get sooooo excited about St. Patrick's Day and the leprechauns. We wrote narratives this week about how to catch a leprechaun, and the stories were the best of the year. I want to be a K in your class!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
How fun would it be to enjoy this with your class????
Green eggs and spam....who would have thunk it?
:)
Finn was SO disappointed we weren't visited by leprechauns. I told him they don't both the Irish. I can't keep up with all of these fictional creatures.
Post a Comment