Teachers who were moving saved stuff for the sale; I saved stuff and now I have tons of stuff....all in the shed waiting for August 13th and the BIG sale.
Then I packed the second to the last load in my car and drove it up the BIG hill. The LAST load is in the doorway of my old classroom waiting for me.
I have never seen my classroom empty. When my co-worker and I moved into it 14 years ago it was only 3 days before school began. The room was used for summer school and needed to be cleaned...it also had every cabinet stuffed to the brim with "stuff." Not really usable stuff but just random stuff. So my friend and I threw out 17 cans of trash...and then had to move all my stuff in. There was so much furniture in the room that we couldn't move....so we moved half of that out too. Then over the years I built cubbies, rearranged things and removed things....until I had the perfect room. Then I moved...up the BIG hill....and now I am doing this all over again.....
...only Daughter #1 is 14 years older and a much bigger help. The library got a makeover and they were throwing out the shelves....and since my classroom has NONE I gladly accepted one....but it was yucky so we spruced it up with some bright green paint and I....

bought some contact paper so we didn't have to paint each shelf....
...contact paper is my friend.I can't wait to put the shelves in tomorrow and put all my books in this 2 sided shelf...and get the 17 boxes out of the way.
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*DECORATE WELL*



3 comments:
Good evening, Marey,
I love the contact paper on your shelves. It looks so cheerful. I can't wait to see pics of the entire room! ~Natalie
You are working really hard. I can't wait to see the finished room!
I love all the GREEN!!!!! best of luck to you.
Suz
Post a Comment