but the janitor scooped it up before I could photograph it. It was quite the nest...with bits of twine that he chewed off my wooden holiday bulletin board decorations and lots of stuff he pulled off the carpet...wrappers, pieces of felt, yarn- and that bunch of wires and whatever that thingy is that's attached to the wires...wires that go to no where in particular, were the roof of said nest.
I had a paragraph written about the lovely baseboards and carpets and the likes...but I really can't complain about my room...I love it...despite what you see. And the following summer the building will be remodeled and although I won't be at this school, the roof will not leak and the wires and thingy will be gone....and hopefully that mouse!
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*CATCH A MOUSE*




3 comments:
I have that exact same border! And, I'm choosing to put all my focus on THAT as opposed to the fact that there are mice in your room!!!!
that is one good janitor...finding your newest pet!
EW Ew....I hate mice...ew
I found 2 dead mice in my classroom right after the December and February breaks. One was behind these movable cabinets in the classroom stuck in the glue trap. The other dead mouse was actually in the glue trap which was hidden behind the cots.
The good news from that year, I put traps all around the classroom in August when I was setting up. My mother and I found cockroaches everywhere and had to disinfect everything (a common phenomena for a Manhattan school). I rarely had a mice problem (and I kept food in plastic bags on my cabinets in the classroom (the kids ate lunch in the room). We also saw 1 live cockroach in the beginning of the year who disrupted my story time..grr. that littler critter.
: )
Post a Comment